Thanks Drew. I am a little unclear (no pun intended) on the clearing, but will do some reading up on it.

Riva

Drew Trusz wrote:
I'm a bit behind in my reading so this is a bit late.

The page is having problems in FF1.5 and Opera9. Essentially, the few
links which show are in the header and the area of the page below the
"Links" title is blank. Looks fine in IE.

When I put borders around the headermain, subheader and bodytext, the
boxes are problematic. That is, border doesn't go all the way around
either the headermain or the bodytext.  The subheader is comletely
contained in the border. The links are shoved into the header box.

In a floated design this would be the result of improper clearing.
Your design seems to be primarily absolutely and relatively positioned
elements. Relative is often used to compensate for many IE problems.
If that's what you've done, it's created severe problems in other
browsers.  Nonetheless, if anything is floated, you might want to
check that it is properly cleared. Drop in a few clearing elements and
see if it helps.

Drew