From: Bj [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, July 13, 2006 10:13 AM
To: wdvltalk@lists.wdvl.com
Subject: Re: [wdvltalk] Pages moved - Best way to handle?

Once upon a time when I changed a site around, I would leave 'stub' pages to
replace all the missing ones with a "This page has moved" message and a
redirect after 5 seconds.  Now I do a custom 404 that looks like a regular
page on the site, including all the navigation, with the 404 type message in
the body, see http://www.the-british-chihuahua-club.org.uk/nosuchpage.htm
for example.  But to make it transparent to the user just put some ASP code
in the page (before anything else so headers aren't sent) that checks for
gallery calls and does a redirect (in ASP that's Response.Redirect("URL")

http://e-newsletters.internet.com/discussionlists.html/
>        Send Your Posts To: wdvltalk@lists.wdvl.com To change
> subscription settings, add a password or view the web interface:
> http://intm-dl.sparklist.com/read/?forum=wdvltalk

> You are currently subscribed to wdvltalk as: [EMAIL PROTECTED] To
> unsubscribe send a blank email to
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> To unsubscribe via postal mail, please contact us at:
> Jupitermedia Corp.
> Attn: Discussion List Management
> 475 Park Avenue South
> New York, NY 10016
>
> Please include the email address which you have been contacted with.

Email sent from www.ntlworld.com
Virus-checked using McAfee(R) Software