You should realize that 90% of the sites created in FrontPage 2003 (and almost
as many created in an earlier version) are not sites that rival geocities for
worst of the web. The majority are boring table based sites with too many font
tags and not enough CSS but otherwise like most websites created in the late
90s on.

The main problem with FrontPage is also its strength, it is easy to use and
that lets some people live their dreams of excess. Take a look at the output of
every site builder I've ever seen and you'll see equally bad sites. I've seen
crappy music on load, flashing animated garbage on sites that were hand coded.
Granted not as many because it takes more time and effort but I've seen them
just as I have on sites created in Dreamweaver.

It isn't the tool is the user. Sometimes it takes real talent and hard work to
create a site that is as bad as some I've seen (and yes, the particular one I'm
thinking of is a FrontPage site but the "designer" has gone far beyond what
FrontPage could easily do adding babelfish translations, "SEO" optimization by
large paragraphs of font size 1 keyword stuffing, incomprehensible navigation,
comments made by people who have looked at the site include "I clicked around
and looked at 5 different pages, what IS this site about", this is despite
PayPal buttons all over the place.) Many Flash only sites fall into this same
category of unusable and annoying websites just like the worst examples of a
FrontPage site.

On the other hand I also know sites that if you would never know were created
in FrontPage that have clean, elegant and valid code that use CSS for
presentation. The pages are checked in a variety of browsers and work cross
platform. The people who created them use FrontPage for its site management
features and don't have generator or program id meta tags.

I'll bet your client uses IE and only IE on Windows to view her sites. Maybe
the best thing you can do is to stick with the bgsound onload. That way those
of us using a better browser (FF, and even IE 7 for example) won't have to
listen to it. <g>

Cheryl D Wise
MS MVP FrontPage
http://by-expression.com
Online instructor led training http://starttoweb.com
Aug. 20th session Expression Web Designer and Intro CSS