From: David Blakey [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, July 18, 2007 5:49 PM
To: wdvltalk@lists.wdvl.com
Subject: Re: [wdvltalk] Dreamweaver / Contribute

At 10:51 a.m. 18/07/2007, you wrote:
>Hi Everyone -
>
>I've got a client who wants to use Contribute for editing his site.
Anyone
>have any experience with it?  I've looked at it, but not extensively.
Is it
>just a matter of configuring the roles, sending the key, etc.?  Or does
the
>site have to have editable regions, templates, etc.?
>
>Thanks for any input!

My experience of Contribute is that it works best on simple HTML
pages, with tables and images and links.

I think that templates are pretty much beyond it.  If your user is
editing a set of pages that use templates, my choice would be to opt
for content management.

I have seen sites that are completely open, and the Contribute users
were trusted to only edit their own documents.  My preference would
be to enforce protection, even though Contribute probably cannot edit
server-side code.

Purely personally, I would only have users edit simple pages whose
content may change often, and where the back-end is not capable of
handling them.  One example that springs to mind is a 'contacts' page
of help desk staff.  It still seems to occasionally get itself into a
tangle with styles.

Regards,
David

____ * The WDVL Discussion List from WDVL.COM * ____
To Join wdvltalk, Send An Email To:
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] or
use the web interface
http://e-newsletters.internet.com/discussionlists.html/
To change subscription settings, add a password or view the web
interface:

[EMAIL PROTECTED]

This message is confidential and may contain information that is privileged or
protected from disclosure under applicable law. It is intended solely for the
individual or entity to whom it is addressed.  If you receive this message in
error, please notify the sender immediately, and delete and destroy the
original message.  This message does not necessarily express the corporate
opinion of Delmarva Foundation and does not serve to bind Delmarva Foundation
to any order or contract unless supported by an explicit written agreement. The

sender and this organization accept no responsibility for any damage caused by
a virus inadvertently transmitted by this message

You are currently subscribed to wdvltalk as: unknown lmsubst tag argument: ''