Graham,

Excellent, thank you! That confirms for me the concept is correct, now all I have to do is work on an IIS implementation. FUN!

--------------------------------------
Randy Syring
RCS Computers & Web Solutions
502-644-4776
http://www.rcs-comp.com

"Whether, then, you eat or drink or whatever you do, do all to the glory
of God." 1 Cor 10:31

Graham Dumpleton wrote:
Using nginx as front end to Apache/mod_wsgi as an example:

On nginx side you would use:

  proxy_set_header X-Url-Scheme $scheme;

and on Apache/mod_wsgi side, with Django 1.0 as an example, in WSGI
script file we would have:

  import os, sys
  sys.path.append('/usr/local/django')

  os.environ['DJANGO_SETTINGS_MODULE'] = 'mysite.settings'

  import django.core.handlers.wsgi

  _application = django.core.handlers.wsgi.WSGIHandler()

  def application(environ, start_response):
    environ['wsgi.url_scheme'] = environ.get('HTTP_X_URL_SCHEME', 'http')
    return _application(environ, start_response)

Is the equivalent on IIS side as others have mentioned that you need.

Graham