+1

On Sep 22, 2009, at 10:45 AM, Armin Ronacher wrote:

Hi,

And Clover schrieb:
This is absolutely the opposite of what I want as an application author.
I want to hand out my WSGI application that uses UTF-8 and know that
wherever it is deployed the non-ASCII characters will go through without
getting mangled.
I could not agree more.

Probably the best way is indeed using native strings for each Python
version, where native strings are unicode the server should latin1
decode it and SCRIPT_NAME / PATH_INFO will be called
wsgi.raw_script_name and wsgi.raw_path_info and be properly quoted.

Regards,
Armin