On Dec 3, 2009, at 1:35 PM, And Clover wrote:
> Manlio Perillo wrote:
>
>> However what about URI (that is, for PATH_INFO and the like)?
>> For URI (if I remember correctly) the suggested encoding is UTF-8, so
>> URLS should be decoded using
>
>>  url.decode('utf-8', 'surrogateescape')
>
>> Is this correct?
>
> The currently-discussed proposal is ISO-8859-1, allowing the real bytes to be
> trivially extracted. This is consistent with the other headers and would be
> my preferred approach.

Right, for WSGI 1.1 on Python 3.x, 8859-1 strings is the plan. Other, more
ideologically pure options can be discussed for an incompatible revision of
WSGI (e.g. the hypothetical 2.0).

BTW: I hope to have a first draft of the changes by Monday. (But don't beat up
on me if it's delayed; I am working on it.)

James