It seems you want a sortable HTML table that talks to a back end
query engine.  I don't see why this needs to be specific to SQLAlchemy.
Well...not just sorting though. Sorting, filtering, grouping, column selection, and paging. You are right that the backend does not need to be SQLAlchemy specific, but since that is what I use, that is what I was going to start with. Ideally, the library would be both sql framework and wsgi framework agnostic.

The main point of the library would be to save the time/hassle in creating the HTML/CSS/JS for the query controls.

Randy Syring
Intelicom
502-644-4776

"Whether, then, you eat or drink or whatever you do, do all to the glory
of God." 1 Cor 10:31