At 02:51 PM 9/23/2010 -0400, Tres Seaver wrote:

P.J. Eby wrote:

> Just a reminder: I'm planning to actually update PEP 333 over the
> weekend and start working on wsgiref updates, so if you have any
> last-minute comments on the proposal, now's the time to post them,
> however unpolished they may be!

I'm fine with the substance of the changes you proposed, but puzzled
about the process:  in what case does it work to updated an
already-approved-and-implemented PEP would be updated, instead of
replacing it with a newer PEP (e.g., PEPs 241 -> 314 -> 345).

In the case where one is clarifying ambiguities/questions in the original spec. ;-)

(None of the changes invalidate existing implementations, but simply provide additional guidance/best practice suggestions. Even the Python 3 changes won't invalidate at least mod_wsgi's Python 3 implementation.)