At 08:04 PM 1/3/2011 -0500, Randy Syring wrote:
In the server/gateway example, there is a comment in the code that says:

# TODO: this needs to be binary on Py3

The "TODO" part confuses me. In other areas of the PEP, there are comments like:

# call must be byte-safe on Py3

which make sense. But is the TODO meant to be a TODO for the PEP or is it meant to be a note to the person running the example on Py3. If the latter, maybe "TODO" isn't the best prefix.

FWIW, don't consider this an objection, it is just a question I had as I read through the PEP.

Those are my TODO's for the PEP itself, and I've fixed a couple of them in SVN (probably around the time you were writing the above). If somebody can point me to the proper Py3 incantation for writing bytes to stdout, I'll fix the one remaining TODO marker as well.