Is the write callable still needed? Its documented as a undesirable
thunk in PEP-3333; is there a good reason to keep it, or can we make
start_response return None and require the use of a generator to
supply content for the body?

(Remembering that for backwards compatibility we're going to write an
adapter, and a generator adapter is straightforward (if tedious) using
a threading.Queue).

I haven't done a survey, but I don't recall seeing anything except
bespoke WSGI code that used the write interface - all the frameworks
I've seen in some time use the iterator protocol.

So I propose we drop the write callable, and include a queue based
implementation in the adapter for PEP-3333 code.

-Rob

--
Robert Collins <rbtcoll...@hp.com>
Distinguished Technologist