> Per the previous discussion about HTTP/2, websockets, et al, here's my
attempt at providing something we can start using and implementing
today, as a bridge to future specifications.  If you'd prefer to read it
nicely formatted, you can find an HTML version in progress at:

>     https://gist.github.com/pjeby/62e3892cd75257518eb0
>
> I'm very interested in feedback from server and framework developers
with relevant experience to help close the "open issues and questions"
section.  Questions about the content or feedback on its presentation
would also be very helpful.

While i totally like your proposal, i fear it will not solve one of the
biggest problems without another layer:

currently (and i speak as the uWSGI author, so i am the first guilty here)
when you want to use non-WSGI features you generally call into server api
(like the one exposed in the 'uwsgi' virtual module). This means each
server has its api, and this result as middlewares and apps to be adapted
to each one (if possible)

My proposal is to push "mensa" but to standardize a series of api
(websockets and push at least) on top of it so that frameworks and
middlewares can use them without worrying about the lower stack.

--
Roberto De Ioris
http://unbit.it