On Tue, 14 Oct 2014 09:47:35 -0700
Guido van Rossum <gu...@python.org> wrote:

> I'm wondering if a small extension to the WSGI protocol might be sufficient
> to support this: the special environ variable "wsgi.async_input" could
> optionally be tied to a standard asyncio stream reader (
> https://docs.python.org/3/library/asyncio-stream.html#streamreader), from
> which bytes can be read using "yield from stream.read([nbytes])" or "yield
> from stream.readline()".

I think it would be frankly better to hook at the transport/protocol
level, and let people wrap that inside an asyncio stream if that's their
preference.

It would also allow easier interoperability with other non-blocking
frameworks, since the callback-oriented nature is a common
characteristic, IMHO.

Regards

Antoine.