    for a in args:
        rtn[a] = kwargs['l'].get(a)
    return rtn

def test():
    images = 'a'
    stories = 'b'
    l = locals()
    return s('images','stories', l=l)

PS: there's no way to retrieve name of variables from statements like
"return images, values", because they are evaluated. Namedtuple are the
most "minimal" structures allowing that, but code to create a new
namedtuple is several characters longer (and you're basically asking for
less characters ^_^)