On Thursday, November 1, 2012 8:43:12 AM UTC-4, Massimo Di Pierro wrote:

> Unless you enabled track_changes(True) this should not be the case. The
> package should only be loaded once. Where did you put the package?

hey massimo,

i didn't have track_changes(True) anywhere, but your last question got me
thinking because i had the scipy package and code embedded within the
default/main controller.  so i created a new module and put that import and
respective code under that new module.  then i put a new import in the
default/main module and i think it is better.  i will have to test it more
rigorously.  if i have problems, i will let you know.

btw, did you fix that pickle.load problem that threw back the unrecoverable
error when my users were trying to login because it seemed to have
disappeared when i upgraded web2py to 2.2.1?  if so that is great that was
totally haunting me so badly.  now that is real professor talk.

thanx massimo, have a great weekend.  lucas