Now that is impressive. I did get it to work but not with SQLFORM or
SQLFORM.smartgrid so that was a large part of my problem.

When renderred in the view created by SQLGRID (clicking the ADD+ button) I
would get the SQLFORM and the person fields were displayed with it's own
submit button. This looked like it could be a bonus however the Add New
link did not work (doesn't really need to if the form is already rendered)
and information was not saved to the database. Confirmed this by visiting
the grid again. I could see all of the users you added before.

Looks like I'll drop use of SQLFORM in favor of this widget.Thank you for
the sample app. It made a big difference.

Regards,
Bill