I'm using web2py to build a dynamic web UI to a MySQL backend, and I'm new
to the web2py framework and web development in general.

What I'm looking for is a library or plug-in with the following features
that is either built for or compatible with web2py.

1) Inline editing of records retrieved from a table (multiple records at a
time, not just one at a time), with all changes being sent back to the
database upon submission.

2) Drop-downs menus for the values of certain fields of those records; the
values for the drop-downs will depend on the value of another field for
that record.

3) Ability to create new records.

--

Below are few solutions that seem to come close to what I'm looking for.
But everything that's ready-made seems to cost or requires that my project

http://datatables.net/index - no inline editing without purchasing of
plug-ins

http://wijmo.com/widgets/wijmo-complete/grid/ - grid only comes with
licensed version of wijmo

http://trirand.com/blog/jqgrid/jqgrid.html - seems promising, but how do I
send data back to the server using web2py? Also, how would I create
drop-downs for certain fields?

http://dev.sencha.com/deploy/ext-4.0.0/examples/grid/cell-editing.html -
this seems to be what i'm looking for, but i don't want to pay for the
licensing.

--

My preference is to use something that's already been built. However, many
people seem to think that writing my own UI is the best way.

Any suggestions on a good path forward?