Hey guys, I'm also using web2py and redmine, and was concidering moving it
into a linux-based VM and running it with nginx. Good to know your on it.
Keep up the good work - I'm a neub in linux-land...

Couple of questions:
1. Are you using postgreSQL in this thing?
2. How can one replicate your achievement ones it works?
3. I saw that BitNami has an ubuntu image of RedMine with MySQL with
optionally choosing nginex as the web-server, and also a PostgreSQL plugin
for these stacks (they also have a "Redmine on Postgres" stack, if I
remember, but I think that combination doesn't exist for the ubuntu-image
flavor, oddly enough...). Can that be used as a base for your configuration
for integrating web2py support on-top of it?