I cleared all files from the applications/databases directory to let it
start new. That includes all .table files and storage.sqlite.

What I did was:

Changed date to datetime
Shut down server
rm applications/databases/*
Start server
Load app and leave a comment
Reload comments page

Somehow the error still persists. I thought for sure it had to be something
in my code but I've checked and triple checked it.