Damn... A whole day and I still have nothing to show for it...

The problem is complicated, so I've broken-up the script into 6 separate
installation scripts:
1. Yum packages
2. Python
3. uwsgi
4. web2py
5. nginx
6. configurations

My strategy, since I have it on a VM on Hyper-V, is to run each script and
then save a snapshot of the VM after successful completion.
This way I can always revert the VM to a previous state, and not have to
re-run the entire long-script over and over again,
when trouble-shooting a specific section of the whole script.

So far, I could get up-to and not-including the web2py installation.
There seems to be a problem when recompiling python - it brakes the "yum"
installation somehow...
I don't actually need to install python at all, since the default for
Cent-OS 6.3 is python 2.6.6.
But apparently if I don't recompile it, it can-not compile uwsgi using it
afterwords.
If I don't re-install python, though, than web2py does manage to get
installed and the script finishes, but with no valid uwsgi...

Currently, after uwsgi gets compiled, when trying to install web2py, or
even testing yum in any way, I get this:

[root@harmonica2 opt]# which yum
/usr/bin/yum
[root@harmonica2 opt]# yum -v
There was a problem importing one of the Python modules
required to run yum. The error leading to this problem was:

   No module named yum

Please install a package which provides this module, or
verify that the module is installed correctly.

It's possible that the above module doesn't match the
current version of Python, which is:
2.6.6 (r266:84292, Jan 29 2013, 17:36:35)
[GCC 4.4.6 20120305 (Red Hat 4.4.6-4)]

If you cannot solve this problem yourself, please go to
the yum faq at:
  http://yum.baseurl.org/wiki/Faq

I have fount that this is a known problem:

When typing:
[root@harmonica2 opt]# rpm -qa --qf
"%{name}-%{version}-%{release}.%{arch}.rpm\n" | grep -i "^python\|yum" |
sort

I get:
python-2.6.6-29.el6_3.3.x86_64.rpm
python-iniparse-0.3.1-2.1.el6.noarch.rpm
python-libs-2.6.6-29.el6_3.3.x86_64.rpm
python-pycurl-7.19.0-8.el6.x86_64.rpm
python-urlgrabber-3.9.1-8.el6.noarch.rpm
yum-3.2.29-30.el6.centos.noarch.rpm
yum-metadata-parser-1.1.2-16.el6.x86_64.rpm
yum-plugin-fastestmirror-1.1.30-14.el6.noarch.rpm
yum-presto-0.6.2-1.el6.noarch.rpm

When comparing to other people's output, there seems to be a lot missing in
this...

When typing:
[root@harmonica2 opt]# /usr/local/bin/python -V

I get:
-bash: /usr/local/bin/python: No such file or directory

When typing:
[root@harmonica2 opt]# echo
"/opt/python2.6/lib">/etc/ld.so.conf.d/opt-python2.6.conf
[root@harmonica2 opt]# ldconfig
[root@harmonica2 opt]# alias -p python2.6="/opt/python$/bin/python2.6"

I get:
alias cp='cp -i'
alias l.='ls -d .* --color=auto'
alias ll='ls -l --color=auto'
alias ls='ls --color=auto'
alias mv='mv -i'
alias rm='rm -i'
alias which='alias | /usr/bin/which --tty-only --read-alias --show-dot
--show-tilde'

It looks as if the parameter-names changed from centos5 to centos6...

What should go in here?