Hi folks,

First of all, I think white space is generally not acceptable as part of
username. But right now web2py accepts username such as "space inside".

Actually, web2py defines the username validator like this:

so space is presumably not an intention.

The fix is:

    [IS_MATCH('[\w\.\-]+', strict=True, error_message='Only allow

Do I need to write an issue to google code issue tracker?