Can you try wrap (in main.py)

parse_get_post_vars(request, environ)

in try: ...  except IOError: pass and see what happens.

Web2py copies the input stream into a temp file in order to be able to
parse it but also pass a copy to the app. I suspect something happens to
the original stream and it gets closed twice (not sure why, not by web2py,
but by the wsgi adapter). If we isolate the problem we can find a work
around.