Solved.
Explanation below is for future reference, if someone will experience
similar problem (as Massimo pointed it in a very gentle way, maybe not that
obvious to an external reader, and this solution is applicable I guess to a
very wide range of problems).
*Solution: It is always worth updating web2py to a newest version. *
I was a bit afraid it may screw something with my app, but I was SOOOO
wrong!
Problem existed in version 1.99 and magically (yeach, sure!) disappeared in
2.5.1.
Thanks,
Marian
TAG: library problem, compatibility issues, environment variables, external
library, matplotlib