Hi,

I am trying to use "dynamic search form" from
http://www.web2pyslices.com/slice/show/1403/dynamic-search. Current
implementation shows both the form and results on the same page.

I want to display the search results (using GRID) in a new page and wants
to use customized forms for edit/view operations associated with GRID.

As of now, I tried handling it in the view to not to show form contents
once the form is accessed but some how it is not working on subsequent
operations.

So, I am thinking to pass query to a new controller and can hence handle
the custom forms there. But I am not able to do so.

So here is what I tried :

@auth.requires_login()
def search2():
    form,query = dynamic_search(db.customer)
    if form.process().accepted:
        session.sqlquery = query
        redirect(URL('results'))
    return dict(form=form)

@auth.requires_login()
def results():
    query = session.sqlquery
    print query
    results =  SQLFORM.grid(query,searchable=False,create=False,csv=False)
    results = None
    return dict(results=results)

With this code, first error that is encountered is in "session.sqlquery =
query" -> Can't pickle objects ....

So I modified it as

session.sqlquery = str(query)

With this error appeared in "query = session.sqlquery" -> str object has no
attribute _db

Can some one please suggest what is the right way to achieve this?

-Sarbjit