Hello list,

I'm looking for suggestions for something to manage in-house seminars.

Does anything like this exist already? (I can hardly imagine it doesn't...) Can Pynuke or Conf2py be used for something like this?

If nothing exists, I might try to make something simple myself.

Some requirements as far as I see them now:

- list upcoming seminars (basic info like title, speaker, date, start time) sorted by date

- user friendly way to create/edit seminars

- for each listed seminar link to some extra explanation (abstract, perhaps a picture, attached slides, ... This could be on a wiki page)

- allow people to create a profile and to register/unregister for upcoming seminars

- for each listed seminar also show a counter for how many people registered so far

- have a way to list people that registered for a given seminar

- allow people to suggest new (future) seminar topics (and have a page that lists suggested, not yet planned seminars, allow to assign a date/speaker/... to turn it into a planned seminar)

- send registered people a reminder mail some time before the seminar takes place

Currently, I have *no need* for things like
(things marked with a star are "nice-to-have"):
* search through seminar title/abstract/...
* good looks
- traveling directions
- online payment system
- maps