Thanks for the response.

Other than the below script, it was mentioned in the document that
scheduler workers can be started via cron@reboot
The scheduler does not use cron, although one can use cron @reboot to start
the worker nodes.
I am just starting to work on web2py. So, sorry for ignorance. As far as I
know, @reboot can be used to call any python function in the application.
If so, how do i start the worker nodes in that function. The below script
"python web2py.py -k myapp" cant be added there. So is there a way to start
the worker nodes in a python function?? so that on every reboot i can call
that function via @reboot and the worker nodes will be started
automatically.