I need these joins because I need filter some tables without selecting all
the tables and filtering with where. Anyway, I tried:

rows = (db.groups.id == db.lab.group_id)(db.lab.id ==
db.researcher_lab_permission.lab_id)(db.researcher.id ==
db.researcher_lab_permission.researcher_id)(db.researcher.user_id ==
db.auth_user.id).select(db.groups.name,db.city.name,db.auth_user.ALL)

And it returns:
<type 'exceptions.TypeError'> 'Query' object is not callable
I'm using db.executesql and it's working:

db.executesql('''SELECT l.id,g.name,c.name FROM researcher_lab_permission
as rl JOIN lab as l
                JOIN researcher as r JOIN auth_user as a JOIN groups as g
JOIN city as c
                ON rl.researcher_id = r.id AND rl.lab_id = l.id AND a.id =
r.user_id AND l.group_id = g.id
                AND c.id = g.city_id WHERE a.id = %s''' %(auth.user_id))

Something strange with DAL...