I am trying to break up a large form into steps that have complex
interdependent values for a benefit application.  I can achieve everything
with controller/client side logic but I was hoping to do it at the widget
level so that the form is portable (i.e. works in appadmin too).  It would
be a breaking change so I'll drop the issue.  Thanks for the feedback
though.