Have others had issues similar to this on Amazon?
Takes a bit of effort to do such things, and eventually I will need many
of the services amazon provide to import the sites abilities.  Like S3
and the Transcoding services.  It would be a big step to move away from
Amazon.
Additionally, I think the issue should seriously be looked at because I
use Amazon on many sites my business runs and it would be a large
annoyance to have to transition just one of them.
BR,
Jason