I like this, but will it play nicely with built-in flash messages?  Seems
like if you get a web2py built in flash message (e.g. "logged in","logged
out") it will come out with no styling since the styling is now in the
function rather than the layout?  Although there aren't so many built-in
messages that you couldn't override them so probably not that big of an
issue.

On Wednesday, February 12, 2014 10:13:03 PM UTC-5, Anthony wrote:

> On Wednesday, February 12, 2014 9:48:34 PM UTC-5, Cliff Kachinske wrote:
>>
>> response.flash = SPAN('flash message goes here', _class='whatever')
>>

> And since this case involves a div and a button, to avoid having to repeat
> all that every time, just write a function that takes a message and a flash
> type and generates the appropriate helper object:
>
> def flash(message, type='info'):
>     return DIV(BUTTON(XML('×'), _type='button', _class='close', data
> =dict(dismiss='alert')),
>                message, class='alert alert-%s' % type)
>
> response.flash = flash('You did it!', 'success')
>
> Anthony
>

>> On Wednesday, February 12, 2014 8:54:46 PM UTC-5, User wrote:
>>>
>>> I am using bootstrap 2.3.2 and I would like to use Bootstrap css alert
>>> classes to style response.flash.  These include:
>>> alert
>>> alert-error
>>> alert-success