Ekhm. In a version 2.8 we go back to the very same problem from 1.99.
Did I miss something in matplotlib handling? search of the group didn't
come with anything useful... there is a discussion on setting MPLCONFIGDIR
setting
to some tmp dir, but hey, in 2.5.1 everything works smoothly without it.

Very best regards,