Django has been around longer (at least 5 years longer) and therefore there
are more users. In terms of scalability they are very similar. They are
both solid. web2py is easier to start with and requires less coding than
Django. web2py includes much more stuff in the standard distribution while
Django has more third party modules. web2py never broke (or will break)
backward compatibility. Django did it. Django has an ORM which I personally
find somewhat constraining and you have to rewrite your code to use GAE or
Mongo. web2py has a DAL which is close to the SQL syntax but can run out of
the box on GAE and Mongo as long as you do not use Joins.

You may want to look at this: http://vimeo.com/6507384
The Django tutorial compared to web2py.

Massimo