Hi,

I am using the plugin for modal dialog from
"http://dev.s-cubism.com/plugin_dialog";. I am somehow not able to pass
arguments to modal dialog box.

*Controller :-*

def index():
    dialog1 = DIALOG(LOAD(f='inner',ajax=True),
title='Test',vars={'a':'testvar'},close_button='Close', renderstyle=True)
    dialog =  A('Click me !!', _href='#', _onclick='%s;return false' %
dialog1.show())
    grid = {}
    query = (db.Product.product_name==request.vars.product_id)
    grid = SQLFORM.grid(query=query)
    return dict(grid=grid,dialog=dialog)

def inner():
    x = request.vars.a
    return DIV(x)

*Views:*

{{if grid.view_form:}}
{{=grid.view_form.custom.begin}}
{{=grid}}
{{=dialog}}
{{=grid.view_form.custom.submit}}
{{=grid.view_form.custom.end}}
{{else:}}
{{=grid}}
{{pass}}

*Requirement :-*

I want to display specific data for particular row of grid (when opened in
view mode) in the modal form. I found the plugin to show the modal dialog
box. It works for static data but I am not able to pass any variable to the
inner function (tried passing dummy variable). My end goal is to pass the
"db.Product.Product_type" for that particular row to the modal dialog.

Can someone please help me on how to achieve this.