Hello

I am trying to get user's role looking into membership table etc.

Following all the codes on majority of forums my code does not work.

this is my controller

from gluon.tools import Auth

database = request.cookies['mycookie'].value
db = DAL('postgres://postgres:postg...@195.xxx.yyy.zzz/' + database,
migrate=False)
auth = Auth(db)

def index():
    if not auth.is_logged_in():

        login_adress= auth.settings.login_url = URL('user','user',
args='login')
        redirect (login_adress)

    print auth.user_id ###Works

    print auth.user_group ### result is <bound method Auth.user_group of
<gluon.tools.Auth object at 0x000000000A307F28>>
    print auth.has_membership(auth.id_group('Member'),auth.user.id)

<type 'exceptions.AttributeError'> 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'role'

Also, If I try with some DAL select sentances none of them work. error is
usually

if code is
 rows = db(db.auth_user).select()

or

rows = db((db.auth_user.email ==
auth.user.email)&(db.auth_membership.user_id ==
auth.user_id)&(db.auth_group.id==db.auth_membership.group_id)).select(db.auth_group.ALL)

error is

<type 'exceptions.KeyError'> 'auth_user'

what am I doing wrong here. It is a f#"$"# simple ask. Get user role so I
can get a user a specific view based on that role (btw any suggestions on
that would be nice).

thank you