You can't use the web2py scheduler but you can create your own simple
version.

Here is more information from the python anywhere forum:

https://www.pythonanywhere.com/forums/topic/179/

Basically you can launch web2py periodically, e.g., once an hour or once
per day, and execute a module that can perform anything you want.  You
could also process the tasks in the task table and their associated actions.