Hi, I'm using a custom form to represent the fields of a table. This table
has referenced fields.
If I use:
db.define_table('department',
    Field('dept_id'),
    Field('nombre'),format='%(nombre)s')

db.define_table('employee',
    Field('firstName'),
    Field('lastName'),
    Field('dept_id', db.department))

The table employee represents correctly the dept names. But if I do:

db.define_table('employee',
    Field('firstName'),
    Field('lastName'),
    Field('dept_id', db.department), requires=IS_EMPTY_OR(IS_IN_DB(db,
db.department.id,
                                        '%(nombre)s')))

{{=form.custom.widget.dept_id}} shows the departament id instead of the
name.
I need to add the "IS_EMPTY_OR" condition, I've also tried adding
notnull=False without success.

Any hint?

Thanks.
José L.