Right.

Then why does the whole ticketting system depend on "admin" ?

It is even said in the Deployment Recipe chapter of the doc
<http://www.web2py.com/books/default/chapter/29/13/deployment-recipes#Collecting-tickets>

: "You can later view the errors *using the admin app*, clicking on the
"switch to: db" button at the top, with the same exact functionality as if
they were stored on the file system."

Same goes for appadmin.py and its permission-based "manage" feature which
is described as a role-based database access. Why would you define roles in
a local environment ? Obviously this is meant to go on production in a
secure back-office...

Admin is designed as more than a testing tool for a local or development
environment, yet it is not meant to be deployed on production.

I now get why many blogs and forums discussing "web2py vs other framework"
always end up mentionning that developping on web2py starts as a very
thrilling experience but often leaves a bitter taste.