Hi,

You can do DOM parsing at web2y level with something like:

        grid = SQLFORM.grid(...)
        table = grid.element("table") # or grid[1][0]
        table.insert(0, TR(LABEL('label1:'), INPUT(_name='_myname', _type=

0 for the first, -1 for the last...

More at
http://www.web2py.com/books/default/chapter/29/05/the-views#Server-side-DOM-and-parsing

Regards.