Niphlod. Calm down. Everything is going to be fine. ;-)

In fact, I almost did not know JS when I started web2py and avoided it as
the plague. Today I like it a log.

Back to the original question. Assuming we are diagnosing the problem
correctly (and Niphlod in my experience is 100% right) there are three
solutions:

1)

$(document).ready(function() {    ... do something after the page loads
...});

2) (new shorthand notation for the above):

$(function() {    ... do something after the page loads ...});

3)

simply import your JS file after the rest of pages, after </body>. This is
a common practice and if you look into layout.html we often import js code
after </body> so it executed after everything else loads.

Anyway. The diagnose may still be wrong. Use the Chrome JS console and see
if you get any error there.

Massimo