I have one instance of web2py installed on production, with several apps.
Each app is served by a specific domain. This is acomplished usign
parameter-based routing system, this what I have in routes.py file:

# -*- coding: utf-8 -*-
routers = dict(BASE = dict(\
    default_controller = 'default', \
    default_function = 'index', \
    domains = {\
      'site1.com':'app1', \
      'site2.com':'app2', \
      'site3.com':'app3', \
    }\
))

Now I need to use URL() helper to generate links from one application to
another.
Considering the previous configuration, is it ok to generate links in the
following way?

>From app1, generate a link to go to the site2 homepage:
URL('default', 'index', host='site2.com')

>From app2, generate a link to go to site3 contact page:
URL('default', 'contact', host='site3.com')

Is that the correct approach? Should I include the "application" parameter
when using URL() helper in this case?
Notice that I'm not specifying the "application" parameter, because it's
given by the routes.py configuration. Also, if I do, it will be visible on
the url generated, and I don't want the application to be visible on the
url. So, is it ok to do it that way? Thanks in advance.