Thanks Marko and Niphlod.

I do not think it is a permissions problem in the app somewhere.   I did
not have a cache/ directory but then I do not use cache.disk.

The issue Niphlod refers to seems to be related.  I could see no solution
there though :(

My problem is not (as suggested in some message in that thread) that the
message appears in the log.  The problem is that it breaks the app on that
point. The user cannot continue with the task.

On our other server the same code works with the same code and data. The
only difference as far as software goes is that we use nginx/uwsgi on the
other server.

Regards
Johann

On 27 May 2015 at 21:57, Niphlod <niph...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I suspect instead it's due to
> https://code.google.com/p/modwsgi/issues/detail?id=29&can=1
>

> for reference (i.e. even if I don't think it's the issue at hand) web2py
> just needs to write:
> - to the cache/ folder (if you're using cache.disk)
> - the session/ folder (if you're using the default file-storage backend
> and not, e.g., memcache or redis)
> - the uploads/ folder (if you're using "upload" Fields)
>

>  --
> Resources:
> - http://web2py.com
> ---
> "web2py-users" group.

Because experiencing your loyal love is better than life itself,
my lips will praise you.  (Psalm 63:3)