On 28 May 2015 at 15:28, Anthony <abasta...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thursday, May 28, 2015 at 6:33:25 AM UTC-4, Johann Spies wrote:

Does the db.isi_alt_names.code field contain unique values? If not, I don't
> think your pagination is guaranteed to work (i.e., you could get back
> different orderings within matching values of "code" on each select).

No. That field does not have a unique constraint.  The pagination is not
that important in this case.  The speed of the query and the first few
pages would be the most important factor.  And that is handled well enough
by the setup without web2py adding another ordering element.

Thanks for your replies.  I will go and read the discussion you referred to.

Regards
Johann

--
Because experiencing your loyal love is better than life itself,
my lips will praise you.  (Psalm 63:3)