a simple monkey patch will do you. I would suggest you don't import into
the base namespace though.
import gluon.contrib.pysimplesoap.client as ssClient

then do the monkey...
ssClient.Http = set_http_wrapper(library='pycurl')

and use it like normal.

I don't get why you are trying to use a proxy?

import pycurl

name='bob'
pwd='pwd1'
url="https://mywebservice";

curl = pycurl.Curl()
curl.setopt(pycurl.URL, url)
curl.setopt(pycurl.SSL_VERIFYPEER, 0)

curl.setopt(pycurl.HTTPAUTH, pycurl.HTTPAUTH_NTLM)
curl.setopt(pycurl.USERPWD, "{}:{}".format(name, pwd))

curl.perform()
curl.close()

On Monday, June 8, 2015 at 11:45:44 AM UTC-7, Pengfei Yu wrote:

> Hi Derek,
>
> Thanks for your reply! I saw similar source code as well. But there is no
> document how to set it up using pysimplesoap. Could you provide an example?
>
> I tried to use following, but it cannot work.
> import sys,time
> sys.path.append("/home/www-data/web2py")
> import pprint
>

> from gluon.contrib.pysimplesoap.client import *
> from gluon.contrib.pysimplesoap.transport import *
>

> user = 'XXXXXXX'
> password = "***********"
>
> proxy={'proxy_user':user,'proxy_pass':password}
> Http = set_http_wrapper(library='pycurl')
> client=SoapClient(wsdl="https://54.153.5.133:53441/ForAGISService?wsdl";,
> proxy=proxy)
>

> Thanks!
>
> On Monday, June 8, 2015 at 12:18:38 PM UTC-4, Derek wrote:
>>
>> looks like pycurl is supported by pysimplesoap. That supports NTLM. See
>> line 67.
>>

>> https://code.google.com/p/pysimplesoap/source/browse/pysimplesoap/client.py?r=6ed06397b4f0c1894156ee5d0a1c165f80ed6a68
>>

>> On Monday, June 8, 2015 at 7:28:39 AM UTC-7, Pengfei Yu wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I am trying to access a web service which requires windows NTLM
>>> authorization. I am able to successfully implement it using suds python
>>> library with following code:
>>>
>>> from suds.transport.http import *
>>> from suds.transport.https import WindowsHttpAuthenticated
>>> from suds.client import *
>>>
>>> import time
>>>

>>> sampleID = "AAAAAA"
>>> user = 'XXXXXXX'