I think it would be fairly straightforward. For any grid you would just
pass the data using a rows object to the view and create the required
structure in the template. For any form you have a couple of options but if
you wanted to use the validators in SQLFORM I think you would set the CSS
classes as needed in the controller before passing the form to the view.

For the folder structure, just simply move the required components to the
appropriate folder. You could also just use the folder structure for SB
Admin 2 and set the response view manually in your controller which is just
one line of code.