On Wednesday, July 1, 2015 at 10:01:19 AM UTC-4, Martti Lamberg wrote:

> I guess always as a direct response to a user action. I'm not entirely
> sure as I can't think of an example of that so called server push. But I
> guess the game is static in that sense that it doesn't do anything unless
> the user makes it so.
>
> Well one thing comes in mind and that is login timeout, but I don't think
> I would be needing that.

In that case, this is all doable by making Ajax requests to web2py. To
construct the grid programmatically, I suggest you read the web2py
documentation on views. You can either build the grid via HTML helpers
(possibly in the controller) or via raw HTML in the view (using Python code
to loop over the data). For the Ajax requests, you can use web2py's
built-in ajax() function (or otherwise just use jQuery directly). In your
demo code, you would probably make an Ajax call somewhere in your
performAction function.

Anthony