Hah

Be patient.. Don't expect other people to answer right away. Rest assured
your question is being read. That doesn't mean that everyone have the
answer at hand.

I have never done what you need but I am guessing you have to define  what
an 'online user is'
Does it mean users logged in? In that case

I suppose you create a controller to query the user_cas table to see how
many are online, and via ajax, create a view that shows the number of users
online.