Thank you, Anthony!

I deploy the app using commandline script which packs the application sources, uploads them on server and calls a server-side script which compiles the app.

So, on the server side in the application folder I have standard directory structure - source files in 'models', 'controllers', 'views', and the compiled version in the 'compiled' subfolder.

But it seems to me, that WSGI can work only with compiled files, not with the sources.

Regarding your patch - IMO compilation gives sense even if the whole app can't be packed compiled (performance). It could even allow "mixed" packing - add compiled files for all compilable content and sources for the remaining noncompilable views.

David