On Friday, August 21, 2015 at 9:29:25 AM UTC-4, Carlos Cesar Caballero
wrote:

> I think that the answer is pretty simple (but I am not a web2py core
> developer, so I am pretty sure if I'm wrong somebody is going to correct
> me), the current model/controller execution is better for coding, because
> there is no need of constantly importing things, but is very expensive in
> performance because every request runs all the code

Keep in mind that you can move as much code as you want (including all
model definitions) to modules and import, just as in other frameworks. That
just leaves the controller to execute, which can be sped up by bytecode
compiling. I'm sure there is some performance hit, but I haven't seen
benchmarks showing how much.

Anthony