You can use the "links" argument to create additional buttons/links, either
in separate columns or in the column that includes the view/edit/delete
buttons.

Alternatively, you might consider setting up record versioning, either for just
this table
<http://web2py.com/books/default/chapter/29/06/the-database-abstraction-layer>,
or for the whole database
<http://web2py.com/books/default/chapter/29/09/access-control#Record-versioning>.

If you include an "is_active" boolean field in the table, the record
versioning functionality will preserve all records and simply set
is_active=False for deleted records (it will also add a common_filter to
the table to filter out is_active=False records from all queries).

If you want the is_active/filtering functionality of record versioning but
you don't actually want to save the older versions of records in an archive
table, you can do this manually by (a) adding your own common_filter to
filter out inactive records, and (b) adding a _before_delete callback that
sets in_active=False and then abandons the delete operation.

The benefit if using the record versioning functionality (or manual
alternative described above) is that it will apply to any delete operations
on the table (done via the DAL), not just those coming from this particular
grid interface.

Anthony