Yes, the content is properly set but it is returned as the component
content instead of a separate file, which is what should happen IMHO.
What I need is some way to "cancel" the LOAD so the file is returned
instead and the component is not updated, because otherwise it would become
empty.

So far the best solution seems to be to create the file and set a link to
download it as part of the LOAD return, a two step process for the export
scenario.
I was just hoping someone had a better idea.

Thanks,
Denes